Do you ever reach the end of the day, feel exhausted, but feel like you accomplished very little? Meanwhile, your coworker seems happy and relaxed and managed to accomplish a lot? Everyone has a different level of efficiency. Luckily, you can get more done and feel better at the end of the day than you do right now. You can be more efficient in all areas of your life.
Soon, everyone will be wondering how you manage to get so much done!
Accomplish more and set a new standard for personal efficiency with these strategies:
1. Take regular breaks. Avoid working for longer than an hour without a break. A short 5-minute break each hour can result in getting a lot more accomplished over the course of a day. You’ll stay fresher and enjoy your day more, too.
2. Many hands make the work go faster. Be willing to delegate when possible and appropriate. You can get a lot more done if you get a little help. Whether you’re at work or at home, get the help you need. Don’t be shy about asking for assistance.
3. Get enough sleep. This is subjective and depends on your body clock so don’t compare your sleep patterns with somebody else’s.Some people like me swear they only need five to six hours. Your performance improves in every way if you sleep at least seven hours. It’s okay to use a nap to reach that total.
4. Siesta is the right way to go – A cat nap of at least 20 minutes after lunch will help you go a long way in efficiency. This could even be a mini Hypnosis or a relaxing or energizing meditation. I do either on alternate days.
5. Make a list of things to do. You’ll never wonder what to do next if you have a list prepared ahead of time. The best time to make your list is the night before. Make a list before you turn out the light.
6. Assess your progress throughout the day. When you measure yourself, your behavior changes. Just the act of checking your progress will change your focus. See how well you’re doing at regular intervals. If you have tasks that must be done each day, this can be a convenient way to measure yourself.
7. Note the gap between activities. Perhaps you’ve been working hard, but once you complete a task, you might find that you take quite a while to start the next task. The process of stopping and starting can be a big time-waster. You might want to use a timer to keep yourself honest. Give yourself a set amount of time before returning to work.
8. Use small amounts of free time wisely. Maintain a list of small tasks that you can complete in just a minute or two. When you have small chunks of time, you can pull out your list and knock those items out. Your list might include things like:
* Checking email
* Checking voicemail
* Cleaning your desk
* Making a phone call
9. Do one task at a time. Let go of the idea of multitasking. You’ll get more done and avoid wearing yourself out if you focus on one task at a time. Focus all your resources on a single task. Study has shown that Humans CANNOT multitask and Multi tasking also causes Anxiety and loss of focus.
10. Stay organized. A messy workspace kills efficiency. You can’t find what you need quickly. You lose papers. The clutter is mentally fatiguing. It takes a lot of effort for some people to stay organized, but it’s worth the time and energy.
You can improve your standing at work and at home by increasing your efficiency. It can be as simple as planning your day, getting enough sleep, and taking regular breaks. You can get more done, in less time, with a few simple adjustments.
Now say It aloud and with passion!
Because You are!