Try these quick and easy ways to lessen the stress you experience each day:
1. Have a good laugh. Laughing is the perfect antidote to stress. You feel better physically and mentally after a good laugh. Keep a book of jokes handy or find a humor-related website for a quick pick-me-up.
2. Get involved with a group activity or charity. Like a laughter club or a kids charity.Many people find that these activities relieve their stress. Find something that makes you happy .
3. Have a quick nap. I am a huge fan of cat naps. A nap resets your brain and refreshes you. Experiment with the duration of your naps. There’s no best solution for everyone. You’ll likely find that napping for too long leaves you feeling groggy and grumpy. Find the sweet spot.
4. Meditate. Meditation is simple but requires practice to be effective. Meditation and mindfulness are both extremely popular topics. With countless books and websites dedicated to these topics, you’re sure to find an excellent resource.
5. Spend time with a pet. In my opinion this is one of THE MOST EFFECTIVE STRESS BUSTERS.Studies have shown that contact with a pet greatly reduces stress and anxiety. Some pets are better than others for stress relief. You might find that a dog or cat is more conducive to relaxing than a pet tarantula, but it’s up to you to determine what works for you.
6. Write in your GRATITUDE journal. If you don’t have a journal, get one. A simple notebook works as well as anything else. When you’re feeling anxious, pull out your journal and write about your feelings and then write the opposite of your feelings All the things you are grateful for. It might seem silly, but writing is an effective way to get negative thoughts out of your head. Try it and see how much better you feel.
7. Take a walk. All you need to take a walk is a pair of shoes and perhaps an umbrella. Walking is free, good for you, and a great way to beat stress. Find a way to fit a couple of walks into your routine. You’ll be happy with the results.
8. PRANAYAMA is brilliant for stress.The trick is to take slow, deep breaths and focus on your breathing. The combination of altering your breathing and taking your mind off your challenges is like magic. If you start your day with PRANAYAMA for 5 to 8 minutes every morning, you will notice your stress levels reducing dramatically.
9. Listen to music. Music is a highly effective way to alter your emotions. With the right choice of music, you can make yourself feel happy, sad, energized, or angry. Choose your music wisely and keep it handy.
10. Make a list of solutions. You get stressed because you worry about the future. Instead of worrying, make a list of ways to deal with what is bothering you. You’ll be less stressed if you concentrate on what you can do to resolve your challenges.
11. Be aware of NOW. This moment. Practice Mindfulness. Set an alarm 3 times a day to do a 2 minute deep breathing meditation and just BE PRESENT IN THAT MOMENT.
Stress is bad for your physical and mental health. You don’t have to suffer with stress. There are many ways to combat the physical and mental effects that stress creates. Have a few tools that you can call upon when you experience stress. With time, you’ll find the tools that work the best for you.